Replace Nikon Coolpix L820 LCD Introduction
- Begin by removing these ten screws, three on the left side, two on the bottom, and one on the right side of the camera. Use a Phillips size ##0 screwdriver to unscrew these screws.
- Continue by removing the front top Phillip screw with the screwdriver.
- Opening the empty battery slot on the bottom of the camera, reveals four additional screws.
- Unscrew the four Phillips screws with the screwdriver.
- Using the spudger, move around the casing, carefully separating the rear housing from the camera assembly.
- Be sure to only apply pressure to the casing panels and not the sensitive internal electronics.
- Once the rear housing is separated, the settings buttons will be accessible for replacement.
- To begin, the outside edges of the LCD should be exposed, with the back case panel removed.
- Be careful not to damage the flexible ribbon wires now accessible.
- Using the tweezers, carefully lift the hinges holding the two flexible ribbon wires in place.
- Once the flexible ribbon wires are free, the LCD can be removed and replaced.
* all copyright belongs to the original author.