You will need a clean, well-lit area, an iFixit repair kit including the specialized screw driver, along with the Phillips #000 bit. We also recommend you have an organization tray in order to keep track of all the screws you will be taking out.
- Remove nine 4.45mm Phillips #000 screws from the outside of the case.
- There are four screws to take out on the bottom of the camera.
- Using the blue plastic opening tool, wedge open and remove the case.
- Using a plastic opening tool, gently lift the retaining flap on the display cable ZIF connector.
- Pull the display cable from its socket on the motherboard.
- Remove the LCD screen from the device.
- Be careful not to rip the display's ribbon cable as you pull the screen away from the device.
- Remove the top left screw, top right screw, bottom left screw, and bottom right screw from LCD frame.
- Lift the retaining flaps on the three remaining ZIF connectors connected to the motherboard.
- Remove the five 4.3mm Phillips #000 screws from the lens frame to access the lens.
- Remove the lens frame.
- Remove two 4.3mm Phillips #000 screws from black plastic piece surrounding the lens.
- Remove the lens.
* all copyright belongs to the original author.